What can an immediate annuity do for you?
Provide guaranteed income you can't outlive
Options to cover spouse
Options to fit your individual income needs
How do immediate annuities work?
In exchange for a lump sum of money, an immediate annuity pays a guaranteed amount for a specified period.
Pick the payment type you prefer
- Life Annuity—payments for as long as you live
- Life Annuity with Guaranteed Period—payments for as long as you live, but no less than a specified minimum period such as 5, 10, 15 or 20 years
- Installment Refund Life Annuity—payments for as long as you live and never less than the premium amount you put in the SPIA
- Joint and Survivor Annuity—payments for as long as you live with the same amount continuing throughout the survivor’s lifetime
- Joint and Survivor Annuity with Guaranteed Period—payments for as long as you and another person live and never less than a specified minimum period such as 5, 10, 15 or 10 years
- Joint and Two-Thirds Survivor Annuity—payments for as long as you and another person are alive and continued through the survivor’s lifetime at two-thirds of the original amount
- Annuity Certain—payments for a fixed period which may be from 6 to 30 years, regardless of whether you are living
Choose how often you want to receive payments
You can select to receive income payments monthly, quarterly, semiannually or annually.
Income payments are guaranteed for the period you choose
We guarantee to make the income payments to you for the period you select. Your policy may not be terminated by you or by Athene prior to the last income payment due. The mode and plan of payments will stay the same for the entire term.
Is an immediate annuity right for you?
You're ready to turn a portion of your savings into a source of guaranteed income
You want the flexibility to choose from several time frame options for receiving income
Explore Athene immediate annuities
Athene immediate annuities offer dependable growth and the option to turn your annuity into a guaranteed stream of income. Features vary by product.
A lump sum of cash can be a financial boon for your future—if you use it wisely.
Have you planned for the surprising expenses most retirees don't budget for?
Not sure where to start when choosing a financial professional? Here are 5 tips to help make it easier.