Athene Donates $100,000 to Local Bermuda Charities and Organizations in 2022February 22, 2023 This content is categorized as:
HAMILTON, Bermuda – February 22, 2023 – Athene Life Re Ltd. (ALRe), the reinsurance subsidiary of Athene Holding Ltd. (Athene), announced it donated $100,000 to Bermuda charities in 2022 as part of Athene’s ongoing commitment to giving back to the community where employees live and work.
The Athene Life Re Charitable Committee’s contributions to over 13 local charities and organizations aligned with Athene’s philanthropic mission. A few highlights from the year are included below.
- Coalition for the Protection of Children
- Donated $30,000 and provided pro bono legal support.
- Vision Impact Bermuda
- Donated $10,000 to assist with the organization’s critical needs program.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters holiday drive
- Collected over 21,750 essential items and raised a total of $1,750.
- Donated an additional $5,000 to further support organization initiatives.
- Habitat for Humanity
- Donated $6,350 to assist with refurbishment of homes for families struggling with homelessness.
- Staff volunteered to clear out the former Hope Homes for redevelopment.
- End to End
- Donated $3,000 to support the organization’s fundraising efforts across the island.
Furthering Athene’s reach, the company played an active role in supporting the community through volunteering with organizations like Habitat for Humanity and sponsoring events and organizations like the Bermuda T-20 Cricket League. Athene’s support through sponsorships totaled $170,000 in addition to the $100,000 in donations.
“Athene is honored to be able to support so many incredible organizations that make a positive difference in the Bermuda community,” said Natasha Scotland Courcy, SVP General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer of ALRe. “We look forward to continuing to make an impact through philanthropic giving, volunteer service and community outreach in the years ahead.”
Athene’s community driven employees are hard at work setting goals for 2023.
Athene, through its subsidiaries, is a leading retirement services company with total assets of $246 billion as of December 31, 2022, and operations in the United States, Bermuda, and Canada. Athene specializes in helping its customers achieve financial security and is a solutions provider to institutions. Founded in 2009, Athene is Driven to Do More for our policyholders, business partners, shareholders, and the communities in which we work and live. For more information, please visit www.athene.com.
+1 515 342 5144