Demonstrates ongoing commitment to CSR practices that benefit all stakeholders
HAMILTON, Bermuda – August 10, 2022 – Athene Holding Ltd. ("Athene"), a leading financial services company specializing in retirement services, today released its 2021 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report.
Athene remains focused on ensuring the company’s initiatives reflect responsible business practices that create a lasting positive impact for all stakeholders. During an extraordinary year, the report showcases the many ways in which Athene added value for customers and the broader community in 2021.
“As our company has grown, so has our commitment to our stakeholders. We acknowledge and accept our ongoing responsibility and opportunity to create a positive impact for our customers and employees, as well as the communities and industries where we operate,” said Jim Belardi, CEO and Chairman of Athene.
Highlights of the company’s CSR progress in 2021 include:
- Donated meaningful contributions of time and resources in its communities, which included more than 5,000 hours of cumulative employee volunteering and providing over 12,000 books to childcare centers and education programs.
- Donated over $4 million to worthy causes, including over $1.5 million to United Way through employee contributions, Athene Holding Ltd., its subsidiaries and the Athene USA Charitable Foundation.
- Committed $1 million to the Great Outdoors Foundation’s ICON project to improve water quality and trails in central Iowa.
- For the second year in a row, Athene was named to the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index, a national benchmarking tool on corporate policies, practices and benefits pertinent to LGBTQ+ employees.
- Athene hosted the two-day Black and Brown Business summit powered by the West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce to elevate BIPOC businesses.
- Published and updated socially-driven policies that help govern its business to ensure Athene maintains the company’s high standards of integrity and excellence.
“I have never been more proud of the more than 1,400 employees that make Athene the strong team it is today, and I am honored to lead our company as it continues to broaden its lasting, positive impact,” said Belardi.
Athene’s CSR Report can be found at Athene.com/CSR.
Athene, through its subsidiaries, is a leading retirement services company with total assets of $232.3 billion as of June 30, 2022, and operations in the United States, Bermuda, and Canada. Athene specializes in helping its customers achieve financial security and is a solutions provider to institutions. Founded in 2009, Athene is Driven to Do More for our policyholders, business partners, shareholders, and the communities in which we work and live. For more information, please visit www.athene.com.